Monday, April 8, 2013

In Memory of a Fine Lady


Sometimes there are folks who just plain touch our lives, often in ways that we never recognize. It is with regret and sorrow I am writing to let you know that one fantastic lady has left our midst.

Laverne Rickel was one of those women who had maintained grace and aplomb. I first met Laverne at the B.A.B.’s meetings and came to know her better while I volunteered my time with the Athol American Legion Auxiliary. She will be greatly missed.

Laverne passed away April 4th 2013. My friend Joey, sent me an email to inform of her passing.

Her funeral will be held at Yates Funeral Home in Coeur d’ Alene at 2 pm. A reception will follow the funeral at the Bayview Community Center approximately starting at 3:30 pm. Both B.A.B.’s and the Auxiliary will be providing the potluck.

This is a woman who was an icon for the Bayview Community as well as Athol. Laverne spent many hours volunteering her time with these two groups. She will be missed by many.

JAN POWELL (LAVERNE'S DAUGHTER)

P. O. BOX 759

CDA, ID 83816-0759     
 
                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to make a comment please feel free. I will read the comment before posting. This is my blogspot and not the editorial page from the newspaper. Keep your comments civil please.