On Saturday April 7th 2012 the community will have an Easter Egg Hunt for our children.
The hunt will start at 10:30 am and will be held at The Community Center.
Please bring your children for this community event!
- Mr. Chan Karupiah is asking to obtain title to a 10’ wide strip of land between the Buttonhook and Harborview Marina in exchange for a highway easement over the strip.
- The purpose is to obtain a liquor license for the Buttonhook.
- The liquor license for the Buttonhook expired.
- Grandfathering of requirements no longer exists, current license requirements now must be met.
- The Buttonhook is required to demonstrate it is a Waterfront Resort to be considered for a Liquor License.
- It is not clear that title to the strip of land will meet all Liquor License requirements. The Buttonhook does not have Littoral rights, boat slips, adequate parking, etc.
- This seems an issue between the Buttonhook and the Liquor License folks, and should not involve Lakes Highway District.