Point of contacts:
The Damon's phone number is (208) 683-8608 and email addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or Jamie M. Berube firstname.lastname@example.org
(509) 838-4651 x 2340
Home (509) 928-2570
Donald “Skip” Wilcox Memorial Service
Friday, May 31st at 7:00 P.M.
Ceremonial boat ride will take place in the Peaceful Warrior with Kevin Elmore at the helm. This will start when the Peaceful Warrior comes out of its slip at MacDonald’s with family on board. For those that would like to follow the Peaceful Warrior on Friday evening, please plan on being on your boats in the bay close to MacDonald’s by 7:00 p.m. Skip’s boat will be leaving MacDonald’s between 7:00 and 7:30 once everyone is on board. Please do not pull into MacDonald’s marina as not to interrupt any business taking place with customers and marina staff.
Saturday, June 1st at 1:00 P.M.
- Kathy Wilcox will open the ceremony
- Chuck Murray will raise the flag and Kathy will lead the Pledge of Allegiance
- Judy Gullidge - National Anthem
- Opening speech by Kathy Wilcox
- Each one of Skip’s girls will speak after their mother.
- The floor will then be opened for those who wish to speak.
- Mingle time for family and friends with finger foods, coffee and punch. A slide show will be playing inside the Community Center throughout this celebration of an incredible man that touched so many lives.
- Closing with the lowering of the flag by Chuck Murray and Taps played by Alexis Berube on the trumpet.
For those of you that wish to do something in honor of Skip, the family has requested that non-perishable food or cash donations be brought to the Community Center for the local food bank at the time of the memorial. Containers will be available to accept donations. Financial donations are also being accepted by the Bayview Community Center Foundation which will go towards a memorial plaque to be secured on the memorial wall in the Community Center garden. Additional funds will go toward acquiring a baby swing at the
The family has also requested that if anyone would like to help with the service, it would be greatly appreciated if folks could bring finger food type items to share at the service on Saturday. Please bring your snack to the Community Center prior to the beginning of the service. Ideas are cookies, vegetable trays, fruit trays, meat and or cheese trays, and crackers to name a few. No hot dishes or salads, please.
God has truly blessed us by having Skip touch our lives, so in his honor, be sure and give someone a hug every day and tell them to “Have a Beautiful Day."