Friday, February 28, 2014

Frogmore Stew and Arizona


Jackie and Tom are now winging their way to their vacation, some time will be spent in Hawaii. We all hope they have a fantastic time. Dennis and Sue should be back soon from their trip. I was so jealous when I saw a posting on Facebook for “Frogmore Stew”. One summer in Savannah Georgia all of the neighbors got together for some Frogmore Stew and shared fun. Our apartment buildings had a common back yard, the kids could run back and forth, we were all able to access our apartments while we were cooking and oh man was that stew great. We loved Frogmore Stew so much we decided to have an oyster roast as well but that is a different tale along with Dean trying to make pralines, and Lucas with the frogs.

Dean and I are preparing for a road trip to Colorado to see Lucas, my brother Joe in Arizona, a dear friend in Nevada, and hopefully the guys who own the Motel/Apartments in SLC. I have not taken a long road trip in a while.

Road trips for us have always been traveling in a red Volvo with four kids and one little dog. We were usually moving one way or another as we geared up for another change in duty station. I learned to enjoy flying at a young age and still would prefer that mode of travel. What the heck we have a Prius now, so this is probably the least expense way for us.  

I will take notes and share anything I find of interest. Maybe share when we get back.

 

Norma Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to make a comment please feel free. I will read the comment before posting. This is my blogspot and not the editorial page from the newspaper. Keep your comments civil please.