Monday, July 14, 2014

Post Bayview Daze


I suppose some may be wondering where the heck Norma Jean disappeared to after Bayview Daze ‘cause she has not been very active on her BlogSpot or there may be some who really don’t care. My computer told me that it had had enough and it was time for us to part ways. I finally got the new computer and now I am slogging my way through some items that are not quite the same as the old one.

I did the research, looked at laptops, all-in-ones, and desktops. Finally decided with guidance that the desktop is my best option because I use my computer for many activities. I still have my smart phone which I use while traveling so I don’t need a laptop, and all-in-ones are not suited to the type of work I do at home, and I already have a Kindle for my reading needs. My keyboard is wireless, my mouse is wireless, so we eliminated some of those pesky wires that get dusty and in the way. Now it is matter of getting used to the “chicklet” keyboard and making sure I can locate my files.

In days past if your computer crashed that was the end of all your files. Now days, your old files can be saved and put on the new computer. What a blessing!

Bayview Daze was a rousing success at least from my perspective. The Parade went more smoothly. We actually had someone to sing the National Anthem. The morning was over-cast, the sun not shining until the Parade started. I am continually amazed at how one small town can come together and have on glorious fun-filled day!

If you access facebook there are some fantastic pictures that have been posted. Ben McLachlan took some great candid shots with the local flavor! Josh Martinez, a professional photographer,  from CDA took one of the best photos I have ever seen of the fireworks and was posted by Dennis Damon.

Here is my all-time favorite. Ben took this excellent picture. We are blessed to have Ben McLachlan in our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to make a comment please feel free. I will read the comment before posting. This is my blogspot and not the editorial page from the newspaper. Keep your comments civil please.