Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Colorado Springs

      
Well this is mind boggling to me. Used to live in Colorado Springs. This is a picture of the Waldo Canyon fire. So as we are having difficulties in Bayview, things could be a lot worse.
I am really grateful for what I have and who I have in my life.

This fire is threatnening the Gardens of Gods Park, the United States Air Force Academy is being evacuated, and several members of my family live in this area.  Dean and I spent 1979 to 1982 living at Ft. Carson, we left for five years and were finally re-stationed again at Ft. Casrson in 1987. We lived in the Springs until 1993. In '93 we moved to Cripple Creek, living in the area until 2003. Cripple Creek was located on the other side of Pikes Peak. Pikes Peak inspired the song "America the Beautiful". My heart goes out to these people.

Norma Jean   

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to make a comment please feel free. I will read the comment before posting. This is my blogspot and not the editorial page from the newspaper. Keep your comments civil please.