Monday, December 27, 2010

Tragedy

Thankfully or maybe not so thankfully I have been able to keep up with the latest information concerning the horrific event of the past week.

The news stunned both my husband and me. I will do whatever I can to help the community effort to assist the involved families, that includes many prayers for Yvonne, Mike, Jedidiah, and Christine.

Cragun is a product of his own demons, demons that none of us fully understood. Could this tragedy have been prevented, truthfully only One person knows for sure. I believe however, we as a society have created so many laws and regulations we have tied the hands of those that are here to serve us and protect us, making them impotent. This tragedy never should have happened.

I have also been reading many of the comments that have been posted to articles in the Bonner Bee and Spokesman Review. We have become a society that uses verbage to attack those less fortunate than us. I am stunned by the comments posted in both newspapers. This incident is a tragedy that cannot be fully expressed or understood by simple words. I know many fine people who live in Bayview and Athol, many who care and support me and my husband. It is a shame to categorize the recent event as the product of North Idaho.

We are proud of our community and the people who comprise the Bayview-Athol area.

Norma Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to make a comment please feel free. I will read the comment before posting. This is my blogspot and not the editorial page from the newspaper. Keep your comments civil please.