Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thoughts and Ramblings

December 17, 2011
This is the time of year when we all reflect on the previous year’s happenings.  This is also the time of year when we can help those who are less fortunate than ourselves.  Typically Dean and I write a short note to include with our Christmas cards letting all of our friends know what we have or have not been up to the past year.

I have been spending time while driving listening to CD’s produced by a well-known pastor from Texas.  This is unusual for me.  The CD’s were shared with me by a friend that I have known since coming to Bayview.  This morning occupation sets the tone for my day.

I got to thinking about Bayview and the beautiful small town where I live and wondered if everyone who lives here were first passionate about the place they lived?  I know I am passionate about my surroundings.  I enjoy this small mountain community and relish the surrounding beauty.  Where did your passion wander off to?  We all came here believing that this has to be the best place on earth to live.  What happened to us?

Last year around this same time the community came together to provide support for a family that experienced, some have said a tragic blow, I feel that a better word is horrifying, the incident has had far reaching ramifications for Yvonne and her family as well as the Bayview community.   While we were in Virginia visiting family, locals gathered together to support the Wallis/Heath family, one member of that family died because of the violence of that momentous day.  Throughout this past year members of the community have continued to pour out support and concern for Yvonne.  I believe each one of us should be proud of what was accomplished.  Bayview has the ability as a community to be great.

One member of the community has provided transportation for Yvonne back and forth from Bayview to Seattle.  Others have donated tires, time, and money to help alleviate some of the pain that the family is trying to re-cover from.

My husband and I helped gather canned goods for the Athol Food bank; others have donated to other causes and concerns.  We are a generous and giving community.

A luncheon has been started to help those in the community who need a hot meal.  LOU has recently been censured. I find no valid reason to harass or censure the folks doing LOU.

Why is it necessary to attack those who are trying to bring back a sense of community?  Who cares about who eats these meals?  Why is it necessary to foster ill will and negativity?
I have loved Bayview and still do.  To all of those who have so generously given time or money, may God bless you for your generosity.  You deserve His blessings

1 comment:

If you want to make a comment please feel free. I will read the comment before posting. This is my blogspot and not the editorial page from the newspaper. Keep your comments civil please.