Saturday, February 26, 2011

Amazing!

It is amazing I have received two comments made to me personally in the last 24 hours concerning my blog. I did not think anyone was reading my posts.

Please excuse me for not communicating more regularly I am currently juggling my new job, home, and my college course.

These past few days I have been getting up at 2:30 am to complete some class work in my college course and of course get ready for work. I made the choice of leaving really early because frankly I wanted to be to work on time and the roads have been less than easy to drive. I have manged to be at my desk in time to log in to my computer with time to spare and have arrived unscathed. The beauty of being at work early, virtually no one is on the roads at the time I travel. The other joy, there is relatively less traffic when I start my journey back home.

I thought when I first started this blog that I would or could write about my personal political beliefs. I have decided that I do not have the writing skills nor the desire to venture into territory that I do not like anyway. As a former bartender I know there are two subjects to steer clear of - religion and politics. I am invoking my experience as a bartender.

The last two years have been serious years. I need light heartedness and as previously stated a time to step back. I am moving forward in a positive fashion. I hope that my previous defection will be over-looked and I can once again regain a positive part of Bayview.

Those of us at my new place of employment who trudged through our 3 weeks of training and 1 week of "jump-start" are now being allowed to swim on our own. I still find the positive atmosphere uplifting where I now work. Most folks are happy. I still am amazed that I am encouraged to use my customer service skills being encouraged to "delight" our customers. Calls may last 10 minutes or if need be an hour. We are encouraged to take care of our customers needs without fear of repercussions. What a concept!

I am unsure of the status of Bayview Days and you know this year I may be able to sit this one out. I may actually be able to enjoy the fireworks on the lawn of Bayview Scenic. There is some speculation concerning just where the vendors will be or if there even will be vendors. I and a few others would not miss the insanity that the vendors bring to the Saturday of Bayview Days. Maybe this is a concept whose time has past. We have heard about the amount of volunteer hours that are required to pull this event off and I cannot help but wonder if we as a community actually had to pay for the work that goes into making this function work would we even agree to hosting the function. Food for thought.

I thank all of you who do read my blog. And I thank you for your comments to me personally.

I just want to have some fun and enjoy life.

God bless you all because He has blessed us. (OOPS! I veered off into a forbidden subject, lol)

Norma Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to make a comment please feel free. I will read the comment before posting. This is my blogspot and not the editorial page from the newspaper. Keep your comments civil please.